Benefits of Free or Reduced Lunches

Even if your high school student does not use the free/reduced meal benefits, there are other benefits that are well worth applying for free/reduced meal eligibility.

Did you know......?

If your high school junior/senior qualifies for free/reduced meals that he/she can receive 2 vouchers to take the ACT for free?
If your high school student takes an AP exam, instead of paying the testing fee of $89.00 the free/reduced status reduces the test cost to $15?
And that when your senior applies for college the free/reduced status eliminates college application fees at many colleges and universities?

Apply Now!


Food Service Charge Policy

Grades K-5 will be allowed to charge a maximum of five (5) meal charges at any given time. Grades 6-12 will be allowed to charge a maximum of one (1) meal charge at any given time. After the maximum charge is reached the student will be sent to the office to contact the parent/guardian. Parents will be sent a request for "Payment in Full". All charges not paid before the end of the school year will be carried forward into the next school year. Seniors must pay all charges before graduation.(School Board Policy EEDA) All returned checks are handled by NexCheck.


Nutrition Education
Meal Prices
Student Account Refund/Transfer Request
Free/Reduced Percentages


Non-Discrimination Statement

The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) prohibits discrimination against its customers, employees, and applicants for employment on the bases of race, color, national origin, age, disability, sex, gender identity, religion, reprisal, and where applicable, political beliefs, marital status, familial or parental status, sexual orientation, or all or part of an individual's income is derived from any public assistance program, or protected genetic information in employment or in any program or activity conducted or funded by the Department. (Not all prohibited bases will apply to all programs and/or employment activities.)

If you wish to file an employment complaint, you must contact your agency's EEO Counselor (PDF) within 45 days of the date of the alleged discriminatory act, event, or in the case of a personnel action. Additional information can be found online at

If you wish to file a Civil Rights program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form (PDF), found online at, or at any USDA office, or call (866) 632-9992 to request the form. You may also write a letter containing all of the information requested in the form. Send your completed complaint form or letter to us by mail at U.S. Department of Agriculture, Director, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20250-9410, by fax (202) 690-7442 or email at

Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities and you wish to file either an EEO or program complaint please contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339 or (800) 845-6136 (in Spanish).

Persons with disabilities who wish to file a program complaint, please see information above on how to contact us by mail directly or by email. If you require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, etc.) please contact USDA's TARGET Center at (202) 720-2600 (voice and TDD).

Jackson County School District is an equal opportunity employer.

Return to Food Service | Return to JCSD