Your office is responsible for obtaining all the paperwork necessary to pay substitutes
and student workers under 18 years of age.

1. Form I-9
2. Federal Tax Form W-4
3. State Tax Form
4. Copy of Social Security Card (a check WILL NOT be cut without it)
5. Permission for Background Check Form
If 18 or older, refer them to Central Office for fingerprinting.


After substituting for one day, the school office is responsible for giving the sub a packet to bring to the Central Office and be fingerprinted. Please ensure that they have come for their appointment prior to allowing them to substitute again.

If there is a lapse of 6 calendar months from last date worked or last paycheck received, substitute must be processed again through the Central Office.

Return to Payroll Index | Return to Business | JCSD

Section 504 | Section 508 Accessibility Statement